• Is there a place to take my recyclables for free?

    DSWA maintains Recycling Drop-Off Centers throughout the state. To find a center near you, call the Citizens’ Response Line at 1-800-404-7080 or search our website, www.dswa.com

  • What type of material is accepted at the Drop-Off Centers?

    All centers can accept; aluminum, steel and tin cans, brown, green, and clear glass, newspaper, junk mail, and corrugated cardboard.
    Newspapers/ Brown Paper Bags
    Telephone/Soft Cover Books
    Junk Mail/Envelopes (all types)
    Paperboard (cereal/tissue boxes)
    Glass Bottles/Jars (any color)
    Metal Cans (tin/steel/aluminum)
    #1 PET plastic food and beverage containers.
    #2 HDPE plastic food and beverage containers. No motor oil or anti-freeze containers.
    – HDPE Mixed Rigid Plastics- kitty litter containers, small plastic buckets (up to 5 gallon), milk crates, small toys, and plastic trays.
    #4 LDPE butter tubs, sour cream containers, and margarine tubs.
    #5 Polypropylene yogurt containers, cottage cheese containers
    #7 Mixed plastics various containers. Cartons and aseptic containers- juice boxes, orange juice and milk cartons.
    Some of our centers are set up to accept, used motor oil and oil filters, batteries, and textiles.

  • Do I need to separate my recyclables at the Drop-Off Centers?

    With the exception of batteries, used motor oil, oil filters, and textiles, materials will be co-mingled together and separated later at a separate facility.

  • How do you decide where a Drop-Off Center will be placed?

    The Drop-Off Centers are placed by voluntary sponsorship of the area. Local businesses, schools, etc. allow DSWA to place bins at their facilities.