Five (5) copies of Sealed Proposals, in response to Request for Proposals for the Design and Engineering Services for Phase VI at the Cherry Island Landfill, located at 1706 East 12th Street, Wilmington, DE 19809 will be received by the Delaware Solid Waste Authority (DSWA) at the DSWA’S Dover office, 1128 South Bradford Street, Dover, Delaware, until 2:00 p.m., on Tuesday, September 20, 2022, at which time all Proposals will be opened and read aloud. DSWA may extend the time and place for the opening for Proposals by providing at least two (2) calendar days’ notice by certified mail, fax, or email to any Proposers who DSWA has recorded as having received an RFP. If the Proposal is submitted by mail or other delivery system, the sealed envelope containing the Proposal shall be enclosed in a separate envelope plainly marked on the outside with the notation “Proposal Enclosed.” Proposals delivered by any means other than by mail or personal delivery shall be rejected.
The Work under this contract is for engineering design, engineering services, construction inspection, and certification report preparation services. At a minimum, the services include but are not limited to:
- Review existing site evaluation, including topographic and utility surveys, and geotechnical evaluations.
- Perform Site Studies
- Conduct topographic survey of the Phase VI Disposal Area site including all areas necessary for support facilities.
- Conduct an Environmental Assessment and prepare a report to provide a detailed analysis of the potential impact of the proposed Phase VI Disposal Area on the environment.
- Conduct a detailed Hydrogeological and Geotechnical Investigation and prepare a report.
- Design work including design of a new approximate 45-acre Subtitle D landfill cell, including sub cells and any required modification to ancillary features.
- Design the entire Phase VI disposal area with independent sub cells including:
- Liner system which may or may not include geomembrane materials;
- Leachate collection and conveyance system;
- Design the entire Phase VI disposal area with independent sub cells including:
- Leak detection system for the liner system;
- SCADA system controls;
- Landfill gas collection and odor control system; and,
- Design appurtenant systems to the landfill, including:
- Litter fencing;
- Stormwater management system;
- Preparation of construction bid documents (including measurement and payment, bid table and summary of work) with an estimated construction timeline and construction cost estimate.
- Develop a detailed schedule for design, permitting and construction.
- Preparation of permit applications including all fees and associated permitting tasks, review meetings, response to comments, etc.
- Perform bid evaluation and recommendation for award of construction contract.
- Perform engineering services during construction including but not limited to submittal review, change order review, recommendations, and negotiations, answering requests for information, invoice review, running bi-weekly progress meetings, generating meeting notes, and construction schedule management. Services also include full time construction inspection services.
- Preparation of a final certification report documenting the construction of the design, suitable for submission to environmental regulatory agencies for approval and all necessary response to comments.
- Preparation of final as-built drawing files in AutoCAD 2018 or earlier.
- Preparation of Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Incorporation of shop drawings and as-builts into the Final Operations and Maintenance Manual.
Additional requirements and description of work are set forth in the RFP as are the criteria for evaluation and determination of the successful proposal. DSWA may award the contract to the proposer submitting the most responsive proposal which serves the best interests of DSWA and the citizens of the state of Delaware, and not necessarily at the lowest cost.
Every Proposal prepared in response to this RFP shall be prepared by the PROPOSER with the express understanding that any and all claims to reimbursement for the cost and expense of its preparation are waived. No PROPOSER may withdraw the Proposal within ninety (90) days after the Proposal due date. The submittal of a Proposal in response to this Notice shall constitute an agreement of the Proposer to all of the terms and conditions in this Notice and the RFP.
A copy of the RFP for Contract S-21-864-NC may be obtained by emailing email@example.com or submitting a request at https://dswa.com/resources/rfpbids/request-for-bidsproposals/ on or after Tuesday, August 9, 2022. DSWA will not be responsible for full or partial sets of the RFP, including any addenda, obtained from any sources other than stated above nor may PROPOSER rely upon any other source or information.
A non-mandatory Pre-Proposal Meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at the Cherry Island Landfill, located at 1706 East 12th Street, Wilmington, DE 19809.
The PROPOSER must submit, with its Proposal, documentation indicating it is licensed to conduct business in the State of Delaware and PROPOSER must meet and comply with all state, local, and federal laws, regulations, ordinances, and requirements in the scope of their Work and comply with any and all licensing and permitting requirements. PROPOSER shall provide a copy of its Certificate of Authorization (COA) to practice engineering in the State of Delaware from the Delaware Association of Professional Engineers (DAPE). All work shall be supervised by a Delaware Registered Professional Engineer.
DSWA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Proposals which in its judgment is in the best interest of DSWA, and to waive any irregularities or informalities in the Proposal or Proposal process, and all PROPOSERS are notified that such acceptance or rejection or waiver shall be without liability on the part of DSWA for any action brought against DSWA, any or all of its directors, or any DSWA agent, officer or employee, brought by any PROPOSER because of such acceptance or rejection or waiver, nor shall any PROPOSER seek any recourse of any kind against such entity or individuals because of such acceptance or rejection or waiver. Every PROPOSAL prepared in response to this notice shall be prepared at the sole cost and expense of the PROPOSER and shall be prepared by the PROPOSER with the express understanding that any and all claims to reimbursement for the cost and expense of its preparation are waived. The submittal of a Proposal in response to this notice shall constitute an agreement of the PROPOSER to all the provisions set forth in this notice and the Project Manual.
Five (5) copies of Proposal shall be submitted to DSWA. The Proposals shall be, sealed, marked, and addressed as follows:
Delaware Solid Waste Authority
1128 South Bradford Street
Dover, Delaware 19904
Attention: Lynsey K. Baer, P.E., BCEE
Proposal For: Design and Engineering Services for Phase VI at the Cherry Island Landfill
No PROPOSER may withdraw their Proposal within ninety (90) days after the actual date of opening thereof, except as may be authorized by the Project Manual.
The Project Manual explains the process by which prospective Proposers may submit questions about the meaning or intent of the Project Manual. Please contact DSWA prior to the Proposal opening if you wish to schedule a site tour.
All other inquiries regarding this work shall be directed to:
Lynsey K. Baer, P.E., BCEE and Pam Williamson
Chief of Engineering Sr. Executive Assistant
Phone: 302-739-5361 Phone: 302-739-5361
Fax: 302-739-4287 Fax: 302-739-4287
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
|GEI Consultants||Mount Laurel, NJ||856-608-6860|
|Geosyntec Consultants||Columbia, MD||410-910-7683|
|EA Engineering, Science and Technology||Hunt Valley, MD||410-329-5164|
|Prime Vendor||Wilmington, NC||910-805-9630|
|Envirobidnet||Port Charlotte, FL||888-888-0090|
|IMS||San Diego, CA||858-490-8800|
|Greggo & Ferrara Inc||New Castle, DE||302-658-5241|
|Civil and Environmental Consultants||Langhorne, PA||121-580-1910|
|Sanborn Head & Associates||Concord, NJ||603-415-6138|
|Johnson Mirmiran & Thompson Inc||Newark, DE||614-942-3669|
|Barton & Loguidice||Camp Hill, PA||717-737-8326|
|Dodge Data & Analytics||Arlington, TX||817-375-2953|
|ARM Group LLC||Marlton, NJ||717-360-5581|