Sealed Proposals, in copies of five (5), for the Request for Proposals (RFP) for Design and Engineering Services for Cell 6 at the Southern Solid Waste Management Center, Contract No. S-22-870-SS for the Delaware Solid Waste Authority shall be delivered to the Delaware Solid Waste Authority (DSWA)’s Administrative Office, 1128 South Bradford Street, Dover, Delaware, 19904, no later than 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19, 2022. DSWA may extend the time and place of the due date for Proposals by providing at least two (2) calendar days notice by certified mail, fax, or email to any Proposers who DSWA has recorded as having received a copy of the RFP. If the Proposal is sent by mail, or other personal delivery system, the sealed envelope containing the Proposal shall be enclosed in a separate envelope plainly marked on the outside with the notation, “Proposal Enclosed.” Proposals delivered by any means other than mail or personal delivery shall be rejected.
The Work under this contract is for engineering design, engineering services, construction inspection, and certified report preparation services. At a minimum, the services include but are not limited to:
- Review existing site evaluation, including topographic and utility surveys, and geotechnical evaluations.
- Perform Site Studies
- Conduct topographic survey of the Cell 6 Disposal Area site including all areas necessary for support facilities.
- Conduct an Environmental Assessment and prepare a report to provide a detailed analysis of the potential impact of the proposed Cell 6 Disposal Area on the environment.
- Conduct a detailed Hydrogeological and Geotechnical Investigation and prepare a report.
- Design work including design of a new approximate 90-acre Subtitle D landfill cell, including sub cells and any required modification to ancillary features.
- Design the entire Cell 6 disposal area with independent subcells including:
- Liner system;
- Leachate collection and conveyance system;
- Leak detection system for the liner system;
- Landfill gas collection and odor control system; and,
- Design appurtenant systems to the landfill, including:
- Litter fencing;
- Stormwater management system;
- Tanks, as needed.
- Design the entire Cell 6 disposal area with independent subcells including:
4. Preparation of construction bid documents (including measurement and payment, bid table and summary of work) with an estimated construction timeline and construction cost estimat
- Develop a detailed schedule for design, permitting and construction.
6. Preparation of permit applications including all fees and associated permitting tasks, review meetings, response to comments, etc.
7. Perform bid evaluation and recommendation for award of construction contract.
- Perform engineering services during construction including but not limited to submittal review, change order review, recommendations, and negotiations, answering requests for information, invoice review, running bi-weekly progress meetings, generating meeting notes, and construction schedule management. Services also include full time construction inspection services.
- Preparation of a final certification report documenting the construction of the design, suitable for submission to environmental regulatory agencies for approval and all necessary response to comments.
- Preparation of final as-built drawing files in AutoCAD 2018 or earlier.
- Preparation of Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Incorporation of shop drawings and as-builts into the Final Operations and Maintenance Manual.
Additional requirements and description of work are set forth in the RFP as are the criteria for evaluation and determination of the successful proposal. DSWA may award the contract to the proposer submitting the most responsive proposal which serves the best interests of DSWA and the citizens of the state of Delaware, and not necessarily at the lowest cost.
Every Proposal prepared in response to this RFP shall be prepared by the PROPOSER with the express understanding that any and all claims to reimbursement for the cost and expense of its preparation are waived. No PROPOSER may withdraw the Proposal within ninety (90) days after the Proposal due date. The submittal of a Proposal in response to this Notice shall constitute an agreement of the Proposer to all of the conditions in this Notice and the RFP.
A copy of the RFP for Contract S-22-870-SS may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting a request at https://dswa.com/resources/rfpbids/request-for-bidsproposals/ on or after Tuesday, June 14, 2022. DSWA will not be responsible for full or partial sets of the RFP, including any addenda, obtained from any sources other than stated above nor may PROPOSER rely upon any other source or information.
A non-mandatory Pre-Proposal Meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at the Southern Solid Waste Management Center located at 28560 Landfill Lane Georgetown, DE 19947.
The PROPOSER must submit, with its Proposal, documentation indicating it is licensed to conduct business in the State of Delaware and PROPOSER must meet and comply with all state, local, and federal laws, regulations, ordinances, and requirements in the scope of their Work and comply with any and all licensing and permitting requirements. PROPOSER shall provide a copy of its Certificate of Authorization (COA) to practice engineering in the State of Delaware from the Delaware Association of Professional Engineers (DAPE). All work shall be supervised by a Delaware Registered Professional Engineer.
The successful PROPOSER will be required to execute the Agreement, to furnish a Performance Bond and Payment Bond for the work in the amounts stated in Article 23 of Section 00200 of the Project Manual if the contract amount is more than $200,000, and to execute a Hold Harmless Agreement on form provided in the Project Manual. The successful PROPOSER will also be required to furnish evidence of insurance coverage as required by the Project Manual and otherwise comply with terms and requirements of the Project Manual.
DSWA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Proposals which in its judgment is in the best interest of DSWA, and to waive any irregularities or informalities in the Proposal or Proposal process, and all PROPOSERS are notified that such acceptance or rejection or waiver shall be without liability on the part of DSWA for any action brought against DSWA, any or all of its directors, or any DSWA agent, officer or employee, brought by any PROPOSER because of such acceptance or rejection or waiver, nor shall any PROPOSER seek any recourse of any kind against such entity or individuals because of such acceptance or rejection or waiver. Every PROPOSAL prepared in response to this notice shall be prepared at the sole cost and expense of the PROPOSER and shall be prepared by the PROPOSER with the express understanding that any and all claims to reimbursement for the cost and expense of its preparation are waived. The submittal of a Proposal in response to this notice shall constitute an agreement of the PROPOSER to all the provisions set forth in this notice and the Project Manual.
Five (5) copies of Proposal shall be submitted to DSWA. The Proposals shall be, sealed, marked, and addressed as follows:
Delaware Solid Waste Authority
1128 South Bradford Street
Dover, Delaware 19904
Attention: Bob Roth
Proposal For: Design and Engineering Services for Cell 6 at the Southern Solid Waste Management Center
No PROPOSER may withdraw their Proposal within ninety (90) days after the actual date of opening thereof, except as may be authorized by the Project Manual.
The Project Manual explains the process by which prospective Proposers may submit questions about the meaning or intent of the Project Manual. Please contact DSWA prior to the Proposal opening if you wish to schedule a site tour.
All other inquiries regarding this work shall be directed to:
Bob Roth and Pam Williamson
Project Manager Sr. Executive Assistant
Phone: 302-312-1663 Phone: 302-739-5361
Fax: 302-739-4287 Fax: 302-739-4287
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Civil & Environmental Consultants Inc||Langhorne, PA||267-568-2300|
|Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson Inc||Newark, DE||614-942-3669|
|Montrose Environmental Group||West Chester, PA||610-840-9117|
|Barton & Loguidice||Annapolis, MD||717-737-8326|
|Sanborn Head & Associates||Concord, NH||603-415-6138|
|CleanAir Engineering||Pittsburgh, PA||724-227-0258|
|CDM Smith||Raleigh, NC||919-325-3532|
|CDM Smith||Philadelphia, PA||215-239-6522|
|Prime Vendor||Wilmington, NC||910-805-9630|
|IMS Bids||San Diego, CA||858-490-8800|
|Barton & Loguidice||Eldersburg, MD||410-795-4626|
|EA Engineering, Science & Technology||Hunt Valley, MD||410-329-5164|
|Stantec||Golden Valley, MN||763-252-6807|
|THWilson Bonds||Clovis, CA||559-876-2610|
|Mercer Technologies Firm||Gary, IN||219-885-9811|
|Geosyntec Consultants||Columbia, MD||410-910-7683|
|Envirobidnet||Port Charlotte, FL||888-888-0090|
|Brightfields Inc||Wilmington, DE||302-656-9600|
|Tetra Tech||Madison, WI||786-214-1841|
|CDM Smith||Philadelphia, PA|
|Geosyntec Consultants||Columbia, MD|
|Sanborn Head||Newark, DE|
|HDR Inc.||Raleigh, NC|
|Cornerstone Environmental Group (Tetra Tech)||Boston, MA|