To submit a request in writing please print and submit this form:
You may use this Online Form to submit a request:
Within 15 business days from receipt of your request the public body must either provide you with access to the
records, deny your request, or state that additional time is needed.
- All requests for inspection of public records shall be submitted in writing on the Freedom of Information Act Form (Exhibit III-A ) by either clicking print on the link above or online by using the form above.
- All requests shall provide a reasonable specific description of the public records requested.
- Inspection of public records shall be done in DSWA’s office in Dover, DE.
- No person requesting inspection of a public record shall be given access to file cabinets, storage areas or computerized records.
- Public records shall be inspected in the presence of an employee of DSWA and shall not be removed from the document inspection area by any person who is not an employee of DSWA.
- After receipt of a request for inspection of public records, DSWA shall provide the requestor with notice of when the public records will be made available or, if the request is being denied in whole or in part, a brief summary of the reason for denial.
- The completed Freedom of Information Act form is to be sent to the Records Clerk for scanning, then forwarded to the CEO’s office for filing.