The Work under this contract is for design and engineering services for Cells 3 & 5 Capping. At a minimum, the services include but are not limited to:
- Existing site evaluation, including topographic and utility surveys.
- Design work including design of a Subtitle D Landfill Cap for Cells 3 & 5 and any required modification to ancillary features.
- Preparation of construction bid documents (including a bid table, measurements, and payment) with an estimated construction schedule/timeline.
- Preparation of permit applications including all fees and associated permitting tasks.
- Bid evaluation, construction cost estimate and recommendation for award of construction contract.
- Services during construction including but not limited to submittal review, answering requests for information, running bi-weekly progress meetings, generating meeting notes, construction schedule management.
- ENGINEER is responsible for having a DNREC certified CCR INSPECTOR that will be responsible for all inspections and reports required by permit until DNREC Sediment and Erosion Control deems the project is complete.
- Preparation of a final certification report documenting the construction of the designed, suitable for submission to environmental regulatory agencies for approval.
- Final as-built drawing files in AutoCAD 2018 or earlier.
Additional requirements and description of work are set forth in the RFP as are the criteria for evaluation and determination of the successful proposal. DSWA may award the contract to the responsible proposer submitting the most responsive proposal which serves the best interests of DSWA and the citizens of the state of Delaware, and not necessarily at the lowest cost.
Every Proposal prepared in response to this RFP shall be prepared by the PROPOSER with the express
understanding that any and all claims to reimbursement for the cost and expense of its preparation are waived. No PROPOSER may withdraw the Proposal within ninety (90) days after the Proposal due date. The submittal of a Proposal in response to this Notice shall constitute an agreement of the Proposer to all of the conditions in this Notice and the RFP.
A copy of the RFP for Contract S-23-880-SS may be obtained by emailing email@example.com or
submitting a request at https://dswa.com/resources/rfpbids/request-for-bidsproposals/ on or after Tuesday, August 29, 2023. DSWA will not be responsible for full or partial sets of the Project Manual obtained from any sources other than stated above, or in the project manual, nor shall PROPOSER rely upon such other sources or information.
A non-mandatory Pre-Proposal Meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, September 6, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. at the Southern Solid Waste Management Center located at 28560 Landfill Lane, Georgetown, DE 19947. There will also be a Zoom meeting link that will be emailed to prospective PROPOSERS who are recorded by DSWA as having received a copy of the Project Manual. The Zoom link will also be posted to DSWA’S website, https://dswa.com/resources/rfpbids/request-for-bidsproposals/ selecting the contract and clicking on the Contract number. A site visit to the SSWMC Cells 3 & 5 will proceed after the Pre-Proposal meeting or PROPOSERS can contact Christopher Velazquez to schedule a site tour.
The PROPOSER must submit, with its Proposal, documentation indicating it is licensed to conduct business in the State of Delaware and PROPOSER must meet and comply with all state, local, and federal laws, regulations, ordinances, codes, and requirements in the scope of their Work and comply with any and all licensing requirements. PROPOSER shall provide a copy of its Certificate of Authorization (COA) to practice engineering in the State of Delaware from the Delaware Association of Professional Engineers (DAPE). All work shall be supervised by a Delaware Registered Professional Engineer.
The Delaware Solid Waste Authority reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Proposals which in its judgment is in the best interest of DSWA, and all PROPOSERS are notified that such acceptance or rejection shall be without liability on the part of DSWA for any action brought by any PROPOSER because of such acceptance or rejection. Likewise, DSWA reserves the right to waive any requirement or irregularity in the RFP process without liability on the part of DSWA. The submittal of a proposal in response to this Notice shall constitute an agreement of the PROPOSER to all the provisions set forth in this Notice and the RFP.
Eight (8) copies and one (1) complete electronic copy in PDF format on a flash drive of the Proposal shall be submitted to DSWA. The Proposals shall be sealed, marked, and addressed as follows:
Delaware Solid Waste Authority
601 Energy Lane
Dover, Delaware 19901
Attn: Christopher Velazquez
Proposal for: Design and Engineering Services for Cells 3 & 5 Capping at SSWMC, S-23-880-SS
No PROPOSER may withdraw their Proposal within ninety (90) days after the actual date of opening thereof, except as may be authorized by the Project Manual.
The Project Manual explains the process by which prospective Proposers may submit questions about the meaning or intent of the Project Manual.
All other inquiries regarding this work shall be directed to:
Christopher Velazquez and Pam Williamson
Project Engineer Sr. Executive Assistant
Phone: (302) 739-5361 Phone: 302-739-5361
Fax: 302-739-4287 Fax: 302-739-4287
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com