DSWA’s Collection Stations operate on a “pay-as-you-throw” basis, where each bag of garbage or yard waste disposed of is $1.00.
Credit Cards are the only accepted method of payment. However, Collection Station tickets with remaining punches purchased prior to July 1, 2022 will continue to be honored.
Bagged Household Garbage ($1 per bag)
Yard Waste ($1 per bag)
Single Stream Recycling
Used Motor Oil
Used Oil Filters
Household Hazardous Waste
Every Friday, 10am-2pm
1st Friday of Each Month, 10am-2pm
Last Friday of Each Month 10am-2pm
Residents and commercial haulers can bring trash to the Milford Transfer Station rather than driving to one of DSWA’s landfills nearest to Milford. Vehicles drive up a ramp into an enclosed building where trash is dumped onto a concrete floor. A backhoe carefully pushes the trash into a transfer trailer, which takes it to a DSWA landfill. Key features of the transfer station consist of a scale house, two scales, a transfer station building with a three-bay tipping floor, and a separate small load area where residents can deposit waste. In addition, there are designated areas outside to receive used appliances, tires, and yard waste.
A drop-off container is available for residents to drop off Styrofoam for recycling. Residents are able to drop off their clean Styrofoam, such as foam cups, foam plates, foam egg cartons, take out containers, as well as foam protective packaging typically used to protect consumer goods and electronics.
Types of Waste Accepted:
- Municipal solid waste from DSWA licensed collection vehicles
- Residential solid waste – Small load collection area for residents
- Construction and demolition debris
- Asbestos -Category I & II Non-Friable (Special packaging and appointment is required.)
- White Goods – (Refrigerators, air conditioners, and other appliances) Refrigerant is removed by licensed technician and scrap metals are recycled.
- Household Yard Waste – Residents can dispose of grass, leaves, branches and shrubs. Click Here for more information on yard waste recycling
- For other and special waste, call the Citizens’ Response Line at 1-800-404-7080 or click here for the Special Waste Policy
Small Load Collection Area
The Sandtown Landfill accepts household waste from residents at the small load collection area. This area is located away from the active landfill.
Recycling Drop-Off Centers
Residents using the Sandtown Landfill are encouraged to use the Drop-Off Centers at the entrance to the facility before disposing of household waste.
Landfill Gas Recovery